About Us

My photo
David and I were married in December of 2009. We live in Logan, Utah and we LOVE it! We have FIVE kids; A.J., Jessah, Glaiden, Raelynn and Kenadie!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update!

So here's the update! We (and when I say we, I really mean that my friend/boss easily convinced my husband at dinner one night and I was suckered into it because it was David's birthday thing-a-ma-jig) decided to have David's birthday party the Saturday after his birthday and have, what some may call, a "Gender Cake" for the birthday cake. What's a gender cake you ask? I'll tell you. When you go into your ultrasound appointment you tell the technician that you do not want to know what the gender of the baby is... that day anyway. (WAY harder to do, and you can only do this with, what I found was, incredible willpower) You tell the tech that, instead of telling you, you want him/her to write it down on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope, along with any pictures that might give away the gender. Then you take said envelope to a local bakery and explain to them that you want a cake made to reveal the gender of your baby - pink or blue - but frosted as a regular cake (in our case a birthday cake that said "Happy Birthday David") You throw a party with your family and closest friends (if i were you, I'd skip the dinner part. If you don't, time definitely d r a g s) and when you cut the cake, it's either pink or blue! Its really a blast to have your favorite people around and all find out together! Extremely hard to wait the extra couple of days though... I was anxious!!! Oh, to the good part.We cut the cake, and.............................
!!!!! IT'S A GIRL !!!!!




To be fair, I did have an incredible feeling that I had a little girl in my belly. I know that it's just a feeling. But, with 3 kids - I hadn't been wrong about those feelings yet. Not everyone has those inklings, but I am one of the lucky ones I guess. We are so excited. Jessah was almost in tears because she was so happy. SO SO SO SO happy! It was the sweetest thing to see.


I've been feeling much better too. Except for the exhaustion. I keep saying that I don't remember being this tired with my other pregnancies, only to realize that that's probably because I didn't have 3 other kids I was chasing around and taking to school. I am so tired all of the time, and working evenings isn't helping much. I love my job, but I'm freaking beat!


Oh yeah, the due date is August 29th. Perfect since it is about a week before A.J.'s birthday and a little over a month from when we are going to Yellowstone this summer! Ha ha! The worst part is that it's the exact week that school starts and, because A.J. will be in first grade and Jessah in Kindergarten, someone has to be at the elementary school 3 times a day. Ugh. Time to call in reinforcements!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm so glad Jessah will have a sister, my girls have so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. . . I stole your blog link from Lacy's blog. Sorry if you care . . .TOO LATE!!!! I am so excited for you . . . still!!

    ReplyDelete