About Us

My photo
David and I were married in December of 2009. We live in Logan, Utah and we LOVE it! We have FIVE kids; A.J., Jessah, Glaiden, Raelynn and Kenadie!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Almost Overwhelming

The last few weeks have been insane. That's the only word I can think of that comes close to describing it.

A great friend of ours was diagnosed with breast cancer. (She's only 35) She will beat it, I have no doubt, it's just a shock to all of us. Cancer is scary. Its a scary word all by itself, and then to associate it with such a close friend... it leaves you speechless. And hearbroken. And, truthfully, it pisses you off. A lot. I'm doing better this week. Mainly because I want to be supportive and a strong shoulder to lean on for her, so I'm not allowing the bitterness to get the best of me. Wish me luck.

We decided to put our house on the market and start looking for a new home. We'll stay in Cache Valley, but we want to be on the outskirts just a little. The last few weekends we've been working really hard on painting, fixing and cleaning up the house, and decluttering... oh the decluttering. Let's just hope that the next house we're in... we're there forever! We're hoping to have the house up for sale by the middle of April or the beginning of May and cross our fingers that it doesn't take too long to sell. We'll see though.

A.J. was in Woodruff Elementary's production of Chicken Little. There were 2 weeks of rehearsals (from 2:30-4:00 everyday after school) and FOUR showings on Friday. He was a chick and loved every second of it. I got a couple of pictures... of course, I sat on the wrong side of the stage to get good pictures of A.J. so here's one with the other chicks, and a couple of the play in progress.

Singing "The Sky Is Falling Down"
Chicken Little, Rooster Wooster, Cats, Cows and Dogs. (I think)
AJ and the other Chicks
Today was a rough day too. I recieved a phone call from my best friend from high school telling me that a classmate of ours was killed in Afghanistan yesterday. He was such a good kid in high school, and an incredibly kind hearted person. He had an infectious smile and a great attitude. He was supposed to come home in just 23 days to meet his brand new twin daughters for the first time. It was devastating news and a tragic loss for everyone that had the pleasure of knowing him. Our prayers are with his family and loved ones. Rest in peace Dan.

It's been a little hectic around here, but we're surviving and making use of the warm weather we had this weekend. 71 and 72 degrees in Logan (in MARCH) is never something to complain about. Just ask these cute kids.




Happy Spring everyone! I'll post again soon (ish). Hopefully with some lovely pictures of my awesome husbands THIRTIETH birthday! Hahaha!  



No comments:

Post a Comment