About Us

My photo
David and I were married in December of 2009. We live in Logan, Utah and we LOVE it! We have FIVE kids; A.J., Jessah, Glaiden, Raelynn and Kenadie!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here We Go

Okay. So I'm going for it. I'm going to attempt this but I am making no promises yet! I decided that since I love reading everyone else's blogs and being able to see their families grow, or to see what they have to say about our ever-changing world that it was only fair to share with them as well! So here's a little bit of what my life has been like the last few years.

I was married the beginning of 2004 to a man named James Watkins. We were married for 2 1/2 years and had two children together, Austin James (A.J.) and Jessah. In July of 2006 we separated and by October we had divorced... and it was a good thing. Not to say that in a mean, it was all his fault, type of way, but it was definitely one of those things in life that turned out to be inevitable. I was too young, not happy and married him for wrong reasons. Although I never like to say that I regret anything... after all I did get 2 absolutely beautiful kids while we were married... but it definitely turned my life in a whole different direction.

After the divorce I moved out to Preston, Idaho and finally here to Logan. I've met some amazing people along the way and have become especially close to a few. My cousin, Ashton married and now lives in Preston with her husband and baby girl Kodee Lynn and we are closer now than we ever have been. Her niece Krystal is one of my very best friends and without her, life would be totally different. I love her like a sister and her little girl Berklee like my niece. (I mention these people here because they're such a big part of our lives that I'm sure to mention them in the future)

Since I moved to Logan in August of 2007 I met David Behrens. He's originally from the Salt Lake area and moved up to Logan for work. He works in the research and development department of ICON Health and Fitness. He is a fabricator and extremely good at what he does for a living. We met in September of 2007 and after a lot of playing hard to catch we ended up together and have never been happier. We had a little boy, Glaiden Lee Behrens, on October 9, 2008. The name comes from David's uncle, Glade. David was very close to Glade growing up and wanted to name our son after him so we came up with our own version of it.

A.J. and Jessah's dad isn't really in the picture a lot these days. A lot has gone on in the last year or so and they haven't really seen him much but David is an amazing person and loves my oldest 2 the same way he loves his Glaiden. :)

Well, I'll leave that brief history of us as it is for now as I'm sure it's more than most really wanted to know... and I need to get the baby in bed! Jessah's birthday is on Saturday so I'll try my best to keep up with this and post pictures.

Goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment