About Us

My photo
David and I were married in December of 2009. We live in Logan, Utah and we LOVE it! We have FIVE kids; A.J., Jessah, Glaiden, Raelynn and Kenadie!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's Only March

Ok, so it's March 2nd... technically the 3rd (it's exactly 12:00 AM as I start this post - David is currently snoring next to me, preventing any idea of sleep that I had). From now on, I am making absolutely no promises on when my next post will be... Apparently I'm not the best at keeping those promises and, frankly, I don't want to be thought of as the girl who brakes her promises. :)

My last post was about Glaiden's first haircut. Ha! There's been a couple more since then, and I hate giving them. He was fabulous that first haircut and that's probably why I posted a blog about it. You know, the proud mom... "He was SO good!". Yeah, that was totally for the camera... NOT the way it is now.
Anyway, that was October 2nd... As for the rest of October,the Little Man turned one, It was a somewhat relaxing month filled with a lot of family time. The neglected blog posts for that month probably would have included a few more pictures of the birthday boy and his cake, a post about going to Boo at the Zoo with Krystal, Brett, Berk, Holli, and Heather, and Halloween of course!

November and December were amazing months. We did our first Thanksgiving at our house this year! That was definitely a BIG deal and it turned out AMAZING! Thanks so much to everyone that came. It was so awesome! The biggest news of '09 came the day after Thanksgiving though... No, no Black Friday shopping this year.. David and I decided to get married on December 30th! A month to plan a wedding?!?! A month with my birthday, then Christmas and then a wedding.. hahaha! I laugh when I think of the whirlwind it was. Thanks so much to my family, Krystal, Holli and my wonderful neighbors for all of their help. It was definitely crazy, but it made sense to us, and I've become a HUGE believer in the idea that if it's meant to happen... things will work out for you. SO TRUE! The planning went relatively smooth and without having swatches of colors for clothes, or any real idea of the exact colors we really wanted, everything came together perfectly! I found the perfect dress with just one stop at David's Bridal. We found matching suits for both of the boys, an amazing flower dress for Jessah (and Mesia got the same one for Christmas! So I got to have TWO flower girls!) My mom, Lana came to Utah the week after my birthday and was going to be here without making a second trip... I mean really? Everything literally fell into place! I still get a huge grin on my face when I think of how amazing it was!



In between the wedding madness came Christmas. My family was thrilled by a surprise visit from my brother Kaesey who is serving in Iraq for a second time. We weren't expecting him until March! We did the crazy Christmas that is ridiculously busy, but it's our tradition and we love it! My kids, like most kids, were completely spoiled and loved every second of it. I've never seen them sleep SO well!

New Year's was spent at home with my husband. I still love the sound of that. January flew by. My sweet Jessah turned 4 (going on 14). And that was January... Wow. Productive, eh?

February... I started working at a restaurant part-time for some extra $$ and a little away time with some grown-ups. Staying at home is super rewarding, but I needed a change I guess and the little bit of income really helps us out.

The kids are fantastic. AJ is starting to read. The program at his school has been phenomenal. His teachers are amazing and we're all really proud of AJ and the effort he puts into learning. He loves to be praised and makes sure to do what is needed and expected of him in order to earn it. :) Jessah is my little queen. I would say princess, but she demands more than that. We're having a really hard time with potty training. I know, she's four. I think it is kind of a Middle Child Syndrome thing going on. It's either that, or a medical problem. I'm leaning towards the first. It's been really hard for her since Glaiden has required more physical attention and more teaching. Plus, AJ is going to preschool and I think she just feels a little left out. I'm working on that and we've done much better now than she was doing a month ago. Glaiden is ... oh boy. My tornado. He is all over the place, babbling and learning new words daily. Trying to keep up with the big kids and all in all... a nut. His new words are Joe Joe (doe doe - one of our dogs), Zeus (seus - another dog), kitty (key key), cracker (cracka), cookie, num num, dog, ruf, uh oh (not really new, just another meaning - blanket), Krystal (dyduh) and cheese! Yeah, those are my children... my crazies, but my life. I love them more than anything and I am definitely one proud mom.



I really can't believe it's been five months since I've posted anything. I hope I will post more often, now that I realize how much goes on in just a short time. No promises though. ; )
I played around on Facebook and watched a movie while I was writing this and it's now almost 1:15. I'm in my family room because I had to plug the laptop in to finish this, my husband is still snoring in the bedroom, I am completely exhausted with a huge headache on top of my cold, and I've probably rambled through half of this. I'm going to apologize profusely for that and I'm going to call it a night. Hope you all have a fabulous week, month, year or decade. (I have no clue if I'll be post before then, so I figured I'd cover my bases)
Goodnight and sleep tight!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have had a few busy months. I am so glad to hear that everything is going well. You all look so happy and you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, seriously. Your kids are DOLLS!! And, we should hang out. The end.

    ReplyDelete