About Us

My photo
David and I were married in December of 2009. We live in Logan, Utah and we LOVE it! We have FIVE kids; A.J., Jessah, Glaiden, Raelynn and Kenadie!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Thoughts

I'm really not a negative person. It's bugging me that the first thing you see on my blog is a long depressing post. (Although writing it did help a ton. It's a good outlet for me) So here's a not-so-depressing one. One about funny things my kids say or do. One about happy moments in my life that I want to have documented. One about a few things I've learned in the last... who knows. Enjoy. And for my sake... try not to laugh too hard at my expence.

Glaiden (Feb. 2012) On our way to Salt Lake to get our taxes done we stopped for a bathroom break next to a Liberty Tax place. Glaiden sees the Statue of Liberty balloon and yells, "Dad! Mom! Look! We're in New York City!!!" (said like the Pace Picante Salsa commercial)

Jessah: "Mom, is this how you spell Glaiden's name? g-l-a-i-d-e-n?"
Me: "Yes"
Jessah to Glaiden: "See!" (with the 'I told ya so' look)
Glaiden: "Nuh uh! A.J. said you spell it like this! a-o-e-f-a-o. A.J. is smarter so that's how you spell it."

The kids were playing at the (backyard) neighbors house when A.J. wrecked a bike and hopped back over the fence and came into the garage to show me his battle wounds. After couple of minutes, Glaiden parked a bike at the front of the garage to "check on his big brother."
Me: "Dude... um, where did you come from?"
Glaiden: "Andrews house."
Me  "Did someone lift you over the fence?"
Glaiden: "No, I bowwowed a bike and wode it home..."
A.J. "And its a little pink bike, with training wheels!"
Ok, so this is only funny after the fact. And only if you know that he now rides without training wheels. And only if you realize that he had to go down about 10 houses on one side, turn onto a brand new (luckily finished) sidewalk off of a 4 lane highway, to our street, and then back up our road about 9 houses... For a 3 year old, it's a pretty good journey.

Don't attempt to ride a skateboard if: A) You've never in your life stepped foot on one, and you're now 27. B) Your husband isn't home and you have 7 little kids watching you on your driveway while a witness is arriving just in time to see you pick yourself up off the concrete and hobble inside to "check on the sleeping baby" It hurts. A lot. Three days later.

Love your family. Be happy. Enjoy the little things. Love your friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment